Decorating with Serving Dishes: Easy Tips
Sometimes we think that because there is no holiday that we can't use our serving dishes at other times of the year. But that just isn't true. You can use them at
any time and for any reason. As a matter of fact, your serving dishes can add that extra spice or color that you need in your every day decorating. All you have to do
is reassign them other duties.
So whether you have a soup tureen, a cake stand, a pitcher, a special bowl, a special vase, get them out of your cabinet and put them to work. Here are some
- Use a beautiful large bowl or tureen to display extra large flowers, such as hydrangea, roses, peonies.
- Fill a tureen with potpourri and put near your entry for a fragrant welcome.
- Place a small cake stand on top of a much larger cake stand.
- Place an assortment of candles on both the small stand and the large stand, balancing the heights accordingly.
- Pillar candles all in one color are very dramatic.
- Use a cake stand near the door to manage your outgoing mail.
- Use a cake stand to organize your bills or to hold your shipping list.
- Use a cake stand to display photographs or a vase or anything that you want to make look more important.
- Use cake stands to change the heights of an element.
- Use a small cake stand in the bathroom for decorative soaps.
- Place a decorative tray in the bathroom or on the vanity table to display perfume bottles.
- Use a decorative glass sugar bowl or creamer to hold candy, cotton balls, spare change.
- Use a glass sugar bowl to hold small pieces of jewelry.
- Use a fancy creamer to hold nuts or small shells and star fish.
- Tall pitchers can be used for tall flowers with extra long stems.
- Use a vase or pitcher to store wooden spoons, spatulas and whisks in your kitchen.
- Arrange 3 pitchers together. Use different heights for most pleasing arrangement.
Quick Links for This Issue
Decorating with Window Boxes
Decorating with Shells
Home Staging Organizing Tips
Home Staging for Curb Appeal
Some Selected Free Tips
More Free Tips
Get free decorating tips for your home or the homes of your clients. Send a blank email to our List Manager and you'll
be added automatically, but you must CONFIRM your subscription request. A request for confirmation will be sent to the email address you provide. We are a
spam-free site and will never sell, trade or give away your email address to anyone for any purpose.
Decorating Newsletter - Must Confirm
Become a Home Stager or
Get Home Staging for Profit, our basic staging tutorial (ebook or book) and learn how to start, grow and manage
your own house staging business. Start immediately with no prior experience. We
also teach interior redesign, the art of professionally arranging furniture and
accessories for clients.
Home Staging for Profit
Interior Redesign Business
Staging and Redesign Video
Barbara Jennings is author of 10 decorating books: Decor Secrets Revealed, Rearrange It, Home Staging for Profit, Home Staging for Yourself,
Arrange Your Stuff, Advanced Redesign, Pro Art Consulting, Wall Groupings: The Art of Arranging Art and Photos, The Art of Hanging Art, Great Parties! Great Homes!
2002-Present Copyright Decorate-Redecorate.Com |