Home Staging Organizing Tips: How to Organize
Your Home Properly
It's probably a rare person who enjoys clutter - I mean the kind of clutter that drives you crazy. But isn't it amazing how easy it is to wind up living with it in
every room of the house. We would not try to sell a house filled with clutter but we seem often content to live in one that way, day after day. So how do you get and
keep control of your clutter? Here are a few tips that home stagers use.
- Give the room a fresh coat of paint. It's amazing how a dramatic change in a room will make it feel brand new and when things feel new, we naturally want to
keep it looking new for as long as possible. Pick a color other than white. You want the room to feel like a decorated room, not a sterile apartment or hall.
- Add extra storage. It doesn't have to be expensive built-ins. Furniture that doubles as storage can really give you handy places to place items that you need but
that are unsightly.
- A bench with storage underneath doubles in functionality.
- A coat rack allows you to hang multiple items in one handy place.
- Shelves and stacked cubes neatly store items you need to get at often.
- A bin organizer will help your children keep their toys and athletic equipment stored in one place that feels like it belongs to them. Put those balls, skates,
athletic shoes. Give each child their own area.
- Buy a wall-mounted hook for keys.
- Limit the collectibles and store the rest. Change them out periodically but don't display them all at once.
- A mail organizer is great for storing note pads, pencils, letter opener and stamps.
- A small shelf unit is great for storing stationery, envelopes, note cards and such.
- Magazine boxes are great for organizing your favourite magazines. You can label them by year and keep them neat and protected.
- Gather up clothing that hasn't been worn in a long time and donate it to a charity.
- Use the space under armoires and beds as extra storage. Buy containers for such.
Quick Links for This Issue
Decorating with Window Boxes
Decorating with Shells
Decorating with Serving Dishes
Home Staging for Curb Appeal
Some Selected Free Tips
More Free Tips
Get free decorating tips for your home or the homes of your clients. Send a blank email to our List Manager and you'll
be added automatically, but you must CONFIRM your subscription request. A request for confirmation will be sent to the email address you provide. We are a
spam-free site and will never sell, trade or give away your email address to anyone for any purpose.
Decorating Newsletter - Must Confirm
Become a Home Stager or
Get Home Staging for Profit, our basic staging tutorial (ebook or book) and learn how to start, grow and manage
your own house staging business. Start immediately with no prior experience. We
also teach interior redesign, the art of professionally arranging furniture and
accessories for clients.
Home Staging for Profit
Interior Redesign Business
Home Staging Redesign Opportunity Video
Barbara Jennings is author of 10 decorating books: Decor Secrets Revealed, Rearrange It, Home Staging for Profit, Home Staging for Yourself,
Arrange Your Stuff, Advanced Redesign, Pro Art Consulting, Wall Groupings: The Art of Arranging Art and Photos, The Art of Hanging Art, Great Parties! Great Homes!
2002-Present Copyright Decorate-Redecorate.Com |