A Potpourri of Redesign and Home Staging Ideas and Tips
This page is a collection of all sorts of odd tips for the home stager, interior redesigner or homemaker. I've just thrown them all into a pot.
- When you're an invited guest in someone's home, don't rely solely on a verbal thank you. Leave a thank you note.
- Better yet, leave the host family with a decorative blank book. They never go out of style and have many uses. Pick one that blends with the color
palette of the home so it can be used anywhere.
- In a child's room, why not paint one wall with blackboard paint so that the child can feel free to draw on the wall. Benjamin Moore has blackboard paint.
Be sure to instruct the child that this is the only wall in the home where they can freely draw.
- When looking for inspiration for a room, look outdoors and borrow from the view. You can never go wrong with nature's color scheme.
- Use slipcovers to hide ugly, worn out furniture if it can't be replaced with something new.
- If you must continue to use a piece of furniture that is dented or marred, distress it even more and make it really look weathered. It will take on an
old-world charm and look outstanding in the room.
- Buy an assortment of candles in coordinating colors (different sizes and shapes) and make an instant grouping on a table.
- Colorful area rugs are always a nice touch. They are great for covering up a dingy carpet or linoleum floors.
- Ready-made curtain panels can really jazz up a bare window or take the attention away from old blinds.
- Use quilts or throws to cover a worn sofa or chair.
- Colorful pillows add pizazz and are easily changed out for a constantly evolving decor. Create your own style by mixing new and vintage together.
Ten Simple Tips for Decorating a Bathroom
Redesigning Your Bath
Concepts for Remodeling a Bathroom
Decorating and Staging Guest Rooms
Complete List of Tips
Get free decorating tips for your home or the homes of your clients ($147 value). Send a blank email to our List Manager and you'll
be added automatically, but you must CONFIRM your subscription request. A request for confirmation will be sent to the email address you provide. We are a
spam-free site and will never sell, trade or give away your email address to anyone for any purpose.
Home Staging Newsletter
Be encouraged in your home staging or redesign business
by visiting our Daily Blogs. We will give you tips and ideas to grow your
business, plus encourage you along the way. We also have one on general decorating as well.
Home Staging Blog
Interior Redesign Blog
Contact & Copyright
Barbara Jennings is the leading interior redesign and home staging trainer on the internet. West Coast pioneer of interior
redesign, she is author of 9 books on decorating, staging and redesign. Jennings is a high respected professional interior decorator, author, artist and
corporate art consultant since 1983. Copyright 2000-Present