Redesigning Your Bath: More Great Tips to Update Your Bathroom
I'm staging a home that is over 30 years old and in dire need of updating. There are 2-1/2 baths that need my attention. If you're in need of updating
your bathroom, here are some more tips:
- Choose a reliable design specialist. I know it's hard, but take the time to get estimates, review references, compare costs.
- Ask yourself what tasks you want to perform in the bathroom. Do you love steam showers? How about body sprays? A heated floor would be nice.
- Browse through magazines and cut out pictures that have the elements you like. Show these to your designer. If you're looking for a calm retreat where
you can relax, say so.
- Note the existing architecture and try to stay true to it. Take the old and let your designer reinterpret it in a new, refreshing way.
- Don't settle for annoying little problems. A door that won't close smoothly must be fixed. If hooks and hangers are not in appropriate places, move them.
Don't settle for what doesn't work.
- Get to know your installers. Only hire people you trust.
- Expect them to be late. They almost always are. Expect them to take much longer than they say they will.
- Be ready for the unexpected. Have a Plan B in case something goes awry in Plan A. Do your research. Plan ahead.
- When in doubt, choose classic materials. You can never go wrong there.
- When several people or more than one company is involved, don't be surprised if there are scheduling problems. That's going to happen. Be patient and
try to look on the bright side.
- Take "before" and "after" photos of the space for your portfolio if you are a home stager or interior redesigner.
- Don't pay in advance except for a deposit.
- Get a lien release signed upon completion. Never pay the balance until or unless you are totally happy with the end result.
Ten Simple Tips for Decorating a Bathroom
Remodeling Your Bath
Decorating and Staging Guest Rooms
A Potpourri of Redesign and Home Staging Tips
Complete List of Tips
Get free decorating tips for your home or the homes of your clients ($147 value). Send a blank email to our List Manager and you'll
be added automatically, but you must CONFIRM your subscription request. A request for confirmation will be sent to the email address you provide. We are a
spam-free site and will never sell, trade or give away your email address to anyone for any purpose.
Home Staging Newsletter
Be encouraged in your home staging or redesign business
by visiting our Daily Blogs. We will give you tips and ideas to grow your
business, plus encourage you along the way. We also have one on general decorating as well.
Home Staging Blog
Interior Redesign Blog
Contact & Copyright
Barbara Jennings is the leading interior redesign and home staging trainer on the internet. West Coast pioneer of interior
redesign, she is author of 9 books on decorating, staging and redesign. Jennings is a high respected professional interior decorator, author, artist and
corporate art consultant since 1983. Copyright 2000-Present