Top Ten Tips for Decorating Bathrooms
Even though they are small spaces, bathrooms are a very important part of a home and should look sparkling clean and up to date. This is particularly true
if you are looking to sell your home or if you're a stager working on behalf of your client. Here are some tips for the bath:
- If the space is cool, add some warmth using natural materials. Consider wood floors or stained cabinetry.
- Don't use ornamentation to define the space. Use the materials to define the character of the space.
- Because of it's size and scale, it's really important to keep the decorating simple.
- Avoid creating too many focal points. Function in this room needs to be obvious and simple. Don't complicate the space.
- Use the space efficiently. Smaller sizes are preferable.
- Since bathrooms are typically morning spaces, keep it cheerful with fabulous lighting. You always want to start the day right.
- Get a toilet that has strong suction and flushes well. There's nothing worse than an overflowing toilet.
- Throw out the rules and just let the design lead you. It's not complicated. Don't let it become complicated.
- Be sure to incorporate your wants and needs. Bathrooms are not the least expensive spaces to remodel, stage or redesign.
- Avoid risk by hiring professionals. Interview them carefully.
- Never pay for services in advance, other than a deposit.
- Never pay the balance until or unless you are fully satisfied with the workmanship. Contracting companies are notorious these days for sloppy workmanship.
Great Tips for Remodeling a Bath
Remodeling Tips for Your Bathroom
Decorating and Staging Guest Rooms
A Potpourri of Redesign and Home Staging Tips
Complete List of Tips
Get free decorating tips for your home or the homes of your clients ($147 value). Send a blank email to our List Manager and you'll
be added automatically, but you must CONFIRM your subscription request. A request for confirmation will be sent to the email address you provide. We are a
spam-free site and will never sell, trade or give away your email address to anyone for any purpose.
Home Staging Newsletter
Be encouraged in your home staging or redesign business
by visiting our Daily Blogs. We will give you tips and ideas to grow your
business, plus encourage you along the way. We also have one on general decorating as well.
Home Staging Blog
Interior Redesign Blog
Contact & Copyright
Barbara Jennings is the leading interior redesign and home staging trainer on the internet. West Coast pioneer of interior
redesign, she is author of 9 books on decorating, staging and redesign. Jennings is a high respected professional interior decorator, author, artist and
corporate art consultant since 1983. Copyright 2000-Present